Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC)- Overview
Entrepreneurship is increasingly recognized as an important driver of economic growth of a country. Even Govt. of India has recognised the importance of entrepreneurship and has introduced programs like "Make in India" & "Start-up India"
Entrepreneurship development cell bridges the gap between ideas to the market product. Entrepreneurship development cell has taken a greater responsibility to generate the entrepreneurship skills among the students and to help them to channelize their goals to become a versatile entrepreneur. Moreover, we also give exposure of industrial sector to curious young minds to get perfect idea of market need and requirements.
The renowned entrepreneurs, government officials, CEOs, investors are invited to guide and motivate students. Furthermore, we also help them to channelize their requirements in terms of financial, technical and legal aspects. Emphasis is given on the skill development of the students, so as they can cope up with the current trends in the market. The motto is to create more entrepreneurs in the society for the holistic development of the country.
- Producing successful entrepreneurs imbibed with leadership qualities using innovative and ethical business practices to make global impact
- To provide necessary support systems for aspiring Entrepreneurs .
- Instill the passion and spirit among students to pursue entrepreneurship.
- Providing the tools and techniques necessary to create an implementable plan from a fledgling idea
- To foster better linkages between the Parent Institution, Industries and R&D institutions in the region
- To create awareness on entrepreneurship among the students.
- To conduct programs on Entrepreneurship enabling skills.
- To conduct skill industrial development training programs with updated technologies.
- To act as an institutional mechanism to furnish various services including information for budding student entrepreneurs.
- To organize internal events like E-Week celebrations, Business plan contests that infuse the entrepreneurial spirit into the curriculum.
- To conduct interactive sessions with the successful entrepreneurs and create a mentorship scheme for student entrepreneurs.
- To conduct research on entrepreneurship development and publish the articles in the journals and periodicals.
- To encourage student participation in entrepreneurial competitions and programs.
National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN)
National Entrepreneurship Network(NEN), Wadhwani Foundation guide our students to inculcate Entrepreneurial Mindset. This Mindset and the skill provided, are not only necessary to set up and run own business, but also very much helpful to be successful as a serviceman in industry.. We also run WF courses, e.g WF100, to provide the students knowledge beyond the book, to make them familiar with the realities of the industry. SIET-EDC has also signed MoU with Wadhwani Foundation.
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps (EAC)
- Entrepreneurship Development Programs (EDP)
- Faculty Development programs (FDP)
- Skill development programs (SDP)
The education system should highlight the importance of entrepreneurship and prepare the students right from school and college education to get oriented towards setting up of enterprises which will provide them creativity, freedom and ability to generate wealth.
- Dr. APJ.Abdul Kalam, Former President of India